Sharing dope music with fellow DJs has always been an important part of the lifestyle. Even though DJs used to disguise their vinyl records so others couldn’t see what they were playing, the culture has changed. Now, sharing music is essential to the growth of the DJ community.
Today, we’re launching Community Crates, a contest exclusively for Beatsource subscribers that gives them the chance to flex their curation skills and share their musical knowledge with DJs worldwide. The winner will have their playlist featured on Beatsource and receive prizes, including limited-edition gear and download credits.
How It Works
Every month, we’ll announce a theme. Beatsource subscribers create and submit a playlist that best represents the theme.
If you’re not a Beatsource subscriber, you can try it free.
We’ll then review the submissions and select a winner based on our judging criteria, including relevance, thoughtfulness, and vibes.
The First Contest
So here’s your mission: make a DJ playlist that represents the best of Texas hip-hop.
How To Enter
- Make a playlist on Beatsource that best represents the theme of the month.
- Go to My Library on Beatsource and select the playlist you want to submit.
- Turn the “Public” toggle “On” and click the link icon to copy the URL to your clipboard. (Watch the demo video below.)
- Post your playlist link on Twitter, tag @Beatsource, and use the hashtag #CommunityCrates by March 28 at 11:59 p.m. PST.
- Only active Beatsource subscribers can enter. If you are not a current Beatsource subscriber, you can sign up for a free trial here.
- Playlists must be limited to 100 tracks. Playlists with more than 100 tracks will be disqualified.
- Entrants can only submit one playlist per month. Subscribers with multiple submissions will be disqualified.
- The full terms and conditions can be found here.